Friday, January 17, 2014

The Beginning

I have never participated in a blog.  However, I have recently discovered answers to questions I have asked myself and sought answers to for years.  Sometimes answers are so simple they are there all along and you simply do not see them.  They should be more obvious.  More grand.  More revealing.  More everything.

Well, not always.

For many years I have tried to reconcile religion, spirituality and humanity.  To start with, I do not subscribe to organized religion.  I find spirituality means many things to many different people.  Humanity, kingpin to it all, is ever evolving and changing.

With these three complex parts, I finally realized the answer for me.  The simple answer is  I want to Be Like Buddha.  I don't want to be a Buddhist or subscribe to Buddhism or any other religion.  Even Buddha pointed out that you shouldn't just believe what written doctrine dictates or authorities within a religion tell you.  You must take in information and make a decision as to what suits you and your needs regarding religion, spirituality and your humanity.

What does Be Like Buddha mean to me?  It means to live my life and do no harm to other beings.  It means to not live in fear or in the past or the future.  It means to live now and in peace and harmony with yourself first and then those around you.

I am going to attempt to bring something new to this blog each week.  Hopefully simple and certainly not "preachy".  I have no right to tell anyone how they should or should not live theirs lives.  I can only say how I live mine and share my thoughts with you.  Please share your thoughts with me as well.

Namaste

To love yourself is the beginning of understanding love - Tom D.

No comments:

Post a Comment